adjective technical curving downwards or backwards.

English new terms dictionary. 2014.

Игры ⚽ Поможем сделать НИР

Look at other dictionaries:

  • Deflexed — De*flexed , a. Bent abruptly downward. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • deflexed — [dē flekst′] adj. [earlier deflex (< L deflexus, pp. of deflectere, DEFLECT) + ED] bent downward, as branches, leaves, or hairs …   English World dictionary

  • deflexed — adjective Etymology: Latin deflexus, past participle of deflectere Date: 1826 turned abruptly downward < a deflexed leaf > …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • deflexed — adj. [L. de, away from; flectere, to bend] Bent abruptly downward …   Dictionary of invertebrate zoology

  • deflexed — /di flekst /, adj. Biol. 1. bent abruptly downward. 2. deflected. [1820 30; < L deflex(us) bent down (see DEFLECTION) + ED2] * * * …   Universalium

  • deflexed — adjective Bent downward, as branches, leaves, or hairs …   Wiktionary

  • deflexed — adj. bent down (used in Botany to describe leaves or petals that bend sharply downward); bent outward or downward; deflected …   English contemporary dictionary

  • deflexed —   Bent abruptly downward (abaxially), e.g. the microsporophylls of Cycas panzhihuaensis and the apical leaflets of Dioon rzedowskii.   Cf. declinate, inflexed, reflexed …   Expanded glossary of Cycad terms

  • deflexed — de·flexed …   English syllables

  • deflexed — de•flexed [[t]dɪˈflɛkst[/t]] adj. bio bent abruptly downward • Etymology: 1820–30; < L dēflex(us), ptp. of deflectere (see deflect) + ed II …   From formal English to slang

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”